When we moved into the new house, our mudroom consisted of 4 walls, a tile floor and a ceiling. That’s about it. Since we had about 734 projects that took priority over finishing this space, we quickly hacked together an old Ikea bookcase and turned it into a wardrobe-of-sorts. It served it’s purpose – had a place to hang coats, had shelves for baskets… but it was clearly a “hack” and we were ready for something a little more legit. I don’t have any ‘before’ pictures because when I gave Susan the green light for this project she started demolition quicker than I’ve ever seen her!
We made large wardrobe boxes out of plywood that we salvaged from our kitchen pantry remodel. Added some rods, a few baskets and some stools. NOW we have a legitimate mudroom! 🙂